Friday, April 3, 2009

Tastes of Alaska

Oh, it's 70 degrees where you live? Well whoop-dee-do for you. Here it's still snowing regularly and temperatures have been hovering around freezing.

That's good for some folks, though. For instance, if you're still commuting to work by snowmachine, you need the snow.

This was the scene just outside the courthouse today.

Life has been strange here lately. It's light until 10pm these days, and the sun is coming up just before 8am these days. Samara and I have also been tired a lot recently. I don't really know why, but I suspect it has to do with the weird seasons and light patterns.

Samara's work has been slow in the wake of the auction. (Which, as a reminder, went really well! Everyone on the board of directors was impressed with how she handled it.) The lady that works at SAFE's thrift store, Ulla's, has taken maternity leave. Since Samara is her boss, now she gets to fill in at Ulla's.

I snapped a shot of her while she was selling a Spongebob Squarepants-themed television to her boss's daughter.

Soon we'll be scheduling my family's visit to Dillingham (sometime in June) and our triumphant return to Kentucky (a week-long visit, probably in September). I'm looking forward to both. It'll be nice to show my folks and sister around our tiny little town, and I can't wait to see my friends in Kentucky.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

kieran said...

8 a.m---10 p.m!!! Dark curtains sir...dark curtains.

Sorry to hear about all the snow. Hope you thaw out soon. Tell your folks I said hello.

Just as an afterthought, has the mail started to run again or are you still on hold? Just wondering.