Saturday, March 28, 2009

Natural Disaster & UPS

I recently made an order from drugstore.com and they decided to ship it using UPS instead of the Post Office. I want to show you where my package is and why it is still there.


That is correct. My package is being delayed in Louisville because of a natural disaster--namely the eruption of Redoubt. This is why it is best to use priority shipping through the USPS--I can't track my packages like this and get annoyed when volcanoes stop the progress of my package. I will also get another one when the package is finally scanned in Anchorage that says something to the effect of 'remote area, deliveries not scheduled daily." And then, some nice man who works for Pen Air, not UPS, will show up at my door a week late to tell me it had been sitting behind some stuff at the airport for a week.

3 comments:

Vincent Purcell said...

Good news! I hear on the radio one of the runways at Anchorage just opened!

Barbara said...

If I was UPS I'd ship your package as close to Alaska as I could so that when things settle down I could zoom them right to you. Foolish UPS.

kieran said...

This may be late, but I heard on the news here that the aviation restrictions were lifted. Maybe mail!?

If so, yea for Samara and Aaron!!!!