Monday, July 7, 2008

I got excited and bought some crap so I can start packing

Instead of working on my thesis or my project today, I decided to have lunch with a good friend. We went to Linens and Things and I bought Vacuum Space Bags. These things are like giant ziplock bags that you vacuum the air out of.


This is the giant bag laid out on my bed. I was able to fit 1 king sized feather comforter, 1 queen sized quilt, 1 king sized blanket, and 2 full sized fleece blankets.



This is the bag after I sucked all the air out. The package ended up being about 3 feet long, 2 feet wide and 6 inches deep and very heavy! But it served its purpose: shrinking the blankets so I can fit more things in to whatever car we pack. I can't wait to vacuum seal the towels and the pillows and the clothes!

I am looking forward to packing everything up, getting rid of everything I don't need. I have already posted somethings up on Lexington's craigslist like purses, shoes, clothes, toys and I'm sure I'll have more stuff to put on there as time passes.

1 comment:

Aleks said...

Wow, that's a great idea for packing more stuff into your car.