Friday, July 4, 2008

To heck with this job!

There always this exciting part about moving: quitting the crappy job. Yeah, the Melting Pot sounds like an awesome job, but it is way more fun to eat there then to work there. I was looking at the calendar today and realized that I get to put in a two weeks notice next week. I believe that will make my last day the 28th of July, which is also the last week of classes before I graduate...assuming I can finish up the thesis and this class.

I also have my graduation robes, but I have no intention of walking. The hood is so UGLY. Our school colors are maroon and gold and the public health color is peach...more of a salmon really. And it looks like someone puked on my hood. I can't believe they choose the MPH color to be peach. What happened to neon orange, like a biohazard bag. I might think about wearing that, but peach and maroon looks like vomit.

We still haven't found an apartment yet or figured out how we are moving all of our crap up there. But we have found a house/cat sitter for a year. So that is one thing out of the way. Now all we have to do is EVERYTHING else then we will be ready to go.

1 comment:

Robyn Wade said...

You know, vomit and public health go hand-in-hand. Anyway, congratulations on the fancy degree, quitting your job, and your exciting Alaskan adventure.