Saturday, December 13, 2008

Early Christmas, walking at midnight & bourbon--best new country song

A few things happened over the past few days. First, we received boxes of goodies from Aunt Emille & Uncle Robert, Trilby, Dennis & Joe, Aaron's parents, Land's End and Aaron's Christmas present from me. I made Aaron open his presents from me because:
  • A.) They weren't wrapped
  • B.) I wanted to make sure they fit
  • C.) any one who as ever met me knows I do not like waiting for surprises
This is him wearing the snow pants I bought him. They are a size large. I wanted them to be big enough that he can wear long underwear & jeans underneath them.










I also got him some snazzy wool, snowboarding socks. What can I say? The man loves some socks.

Then we opened the package from Trilby. I already knew what was in there so I didn't feel so bad. It was the most delicious rum cake I have ever had. It was also the most intoxicating dessert I've ever had. I woke up with a headache and a hangover. Not really, but this thing was AWESOME! And I want to mention that this woman can pack a cake. It was in side a box with brown packing paper and the cake was on a plate covered in plastic wrap. It did not move inside that box. (Thanks Trilby! You Rock!)


The next box we opened was the one from Lands end. Aaron said we could since he knew it had warm things in it. I got a very cool hat that I've been wearing around and a thermal shirt. Aaron got thermal pants.


We also opened the package from Aaron's mom which had a few wrapped presents that went in the pile as well as a few plates of cookies.


Dennis and Joe sent us stuff, but much to my dismay they were wrapped up. I decided not to open any of those except for the one that I knew what was in it and I had been waiting for. The Twilight movie was pretty good. It wasn't awesome, but it's like crack. I want more! And I'm looking forward to watching Duck Tales. (Whoo-Hooo)
This is our pile of Christmas presents. And be warned if it's not wrapped, gonna be opened!

I'm also not sure if anyone has ever seen our vegetable box, but we thought since we were opening boxes, we would post them as well. In our box this week we got: apples, oranges, kiwis, a mango, avocados, lettuce, potatoes, onions, grapefruits....uh and some other stuff. I can't remember everything.

After dinner and the movie, we decided to take a midnight stroll in the snow. Friday was a full moon and it is also the closest the moon gets to the Earth all year. It was very bright and very pretty. I tried to take pictures of it, but they didn't turn out very well. But here they are any way. Next Saturday is the winter solstice. We are only expecting about 4 hours of day light.

Today, Saramay and Ricky stopped by to make us breakfast. They brought stuff to make waffles, sausage and bacon.

Then I decided to day was the day to make bourbon balls. And thanks to Aunt Emille, I had whole pecans. ( the little .5 oz bags are $6.00 here). I'm not really sure how they turned out. I'm still waiting for them to set up. I hope the chocolate sets. I didn't add wax, but the recipe didn't tell me too. Here's hoping.

I guess that is about it for today. Happy early Christmas.

2 comments:

Amy H. said...

I don't know if you saw any shooting stars, but Friday night was also the Geminids meteor shower. :) Yay Astronomy!

And Trilby!!! Awww I miss her.

Ummm so maybe I should send you guys mail or something. I don't know what to send... but hmmm. I could get creative.

Also, Samara, love the hat. Very stylish. :)

Ann said...

Happy early Christmas! I, um, haven't managed to send your presents yet. They're in my car, but the Liberty Rd machine was broken yesterday, so they might not get mailed until tomorrow. Late Christmas is still fun, right?