Friday, December 12, 2008

Truck, truck, MOOSE

Yesterday was a long day for me. I had to work my usual 8 hours at SAFE, but I couldn't find anyone to cover the evening childcare program that I over see. This meant that I had to say and cover that shift as well. I had the wonderful opportunity to babysit 15 children ranging from the ages of 3-12. This involves feeding and entertaining these kids for about 4 hours. After the wonderful meal of macaroni and cut up hot dogs, I managed to get the kids together to play a game. I had suggested that we play "duck, duck, goose." However, the kids looked at me and one of them said, "you mean truck, truck, moose?"
Uh, yeah. That's what I meant. So I got to play truck, truck, moose with the kids for a few hours. It was entertaining and very cute.

Aaron showed up a little after 8pm. I think Aaron showed up early to see if I was at my wits end or if I had walked away from the whole thing. As it turns out, I had all the children completely engaged in the game. Aaron thought the cutest part of watching them play was the little 3 year old kept saying, "Pick me the moose. Pick me the moose." She got very distraught after a few turns with out being the moose. Most of the older kids were willing to pick her every few turns so there wasn't a big tear fest. I am thankful (and surprised) that the big and the little kids were able to play together so well.

No comments: