Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Summary

What a weekend.

On Saturday morning, Ricky and Saramay woke us up by bringing over a waffle iron and making waffles for us. There was bacon and sausage too. It was a good way to wake up. We hung out all day, except when each of them had to run some errands.

Actually, Ricky was supposed to run an errand and then come right back. He went to wash his mom's car and vacuum her house instead, and we got worried about him when he was gone for hours. We ran around looking for him, since cellphones aren't in widespread use here. Despite worrying about him, he arrived back safe and sound.

Then we all stayed up really late and slept all day Sunday. When Samara and I woke up in the early afternoon, I decided I wanted to get out to the shooting range before it got dark. Samara went with me so that we could stop by Saramay's and take her back her waffle mix. We went to the range first, so that we wouldn't lose the light. We just barely made it.

Of course, first we had to scrape the ice off our windows.

The shooting range was pretty with all the snow on the trees and the ground.

I set up some targets. Thankfully the range had been plowed.

Then I did some shooting.

I wore my new snow pants that Samara had bought me for Christmas, and they kept my butt much warmer. I also wore my new flannel shirt that was also in the Land's End order from my mom. It's very nice. We've gotten so many good Christmas presents already, and it isn't even Christmas. Thank you to everyone who sent us gifts!

We visited with Saramay a little while after that, and then she came over to our house for dinner. Samara made a very good green curry with chicken. And, of course, we all love rice.

This should be an interesting week. Samara is planning a Christmas party at work, and I'll be trying to catch up on some of my more boring law clerk duties while the judge is doing a trial in Naknek. I'll probably try to get the law library updated. I have boxes of new law books lying around my office that need some attention.

No comments: