Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jury Duty

Because of my Patterson School master's degree in diplomacy, it took me a total of four years to complete law school. During that entire period, I was a property owner, registered voter and Kentucky driver. Now, I'm pulling up stakes and headed for Alaska this week.

So what arrives in the mail today? My jury duty notice.

I would have loved to serve on a jury at any point during law school, but now that I'm headed to Alaska, I clearly cannot stick around to spend October on a jury.

Cruel fate.

I'm wondering whether I should risk simply sending in the form with my excuse, or if I should make a special trip down to see the Chief Circuit Court Judge, just to be sure. I have a few days to do one or the other before I'm headed off into the horizon.

On a separate note, we have pretty much completely finished packing. Ann's stuff got moved into the house today, and is almost completely here. She has a few things left in her apartment, but we made use of my dad's pickup truck while we had it. He and the rest of the family will be here tomorrow to visit a bit and pick it up.

The time to leave is drawing near!

2 comments:

Aleks said...

Wow, that's some crazy timing.

Samara said...

This is Matt. I love Aaron.