Friday, August 15, 2008

Just about packed and getting excited

We are now just about packed and ready to go. We only have to actually pack the canyonero with all of our worldly possessions, move Ann's furniture into the house, go to our going away party here in Lexington and leave. I believe that we are planning to leave on Wednesday August 20th or Thursday August 21st.

We have been mailing some of our clothes and some household items to ourselves in Alaska. We decided to send it just to "local delivery" since we don't have a PO box yet. We'll get that when we get up there. It seems that people only have PO boxes and no one uses their street address, which seems strange to me. In fact, the guy we are renting an apartment from didn't even know the address to the apartment when we called the first time. He emailed that later to let us know since we needed to turn on the utilities there.

I am getting excited as we get closer to the day that we leave. I am going to miss all my friends and love ones, but this is an adventure that we just couldn't pass up. I am looking forward to the drive up to Seattle and then the trip to Anchorage and even getting a job and working. I am not looking forward to 4-6 hours of daylight in the winter or the 60 inches of snow, but like all things, I will deal with it as it comes.

One last note, I need people's addresses. If you want a birthday/christmas/postcard you need to comment with your address.
--Samara

No comments: