Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Another Day of Walking in the Cold

I'm sure many of you have felt cold wind that makes your eyes tear up.

But how many of you have had your tears freeze to your face?

Weather dot com tells me that it's only -11F this morning, but that it feels like -30F. I believe you, weather dot com. I believe you.

Even with snow pants, hooded sweatshirt, parka, warm hat and nomex face mask, I got cold on the walk to work this morning. The car wouldn't start at lunch yesterday, when the temperatures had gotten a bit above zero. But I have good news! The radiator hose heater I ordered is on its way. And the forecast for next week is highs near 15 to 25F. That's much warmer.

Hell, in Alaska, that's practically sweater weather.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

For many years my vehicle had a manifold heater and I had to remember to unplug it before I drove off in the morning. There's a reason motels in Northern Wisconsin and the UP have little posts with plugs in them ringing their parking lots. The temps in Green Bay have rocketed to 19 above today. Jealous?

My tears used to freeze to my face all the time when I was just a little shaver walking a half mile to school. Of course, that was back in the Ice Age when my pet wooly mammoth, Oog, followed me to school.