Monday, January 12, 2009

Fish tacos for dinner

Aaron mentioned yesterday morning that he wanted some fried fish tacos. We were given some fish by a friend after Christmas. I was very happy that the fish included both salmon and halibut, because salmon doesn't fry very well and I just don't care for it. But the halibut is pretty good and when its hot, you can't even taste the fish flavor.

So I found a recipe that I liked Baja Fried-Fish Tacos and with that I made a mango salsa, fiesta cabbage salad and cilantro lime cream sauce. Our vegetarian friends even ate the tacos. I was impressed. Not only is this the 3rd time I've ever made fish, but it is the first time I've ever deep fried it. My favorite part was the cilantro lime sauce.

I would have gotten pictures, but my camera batteries died the other day. Where in the world does one buy AA lithium batteries in the Alaskan bush? I am hoping the grocery store, but we'll see.

In more news, the car still isn't starting. Aaron added another heating device to the car. One of these days our car will get started, but it doesn't seem like today is the day. But the good news is we are having a heatwave. Google weather says it's currently 16 degrees with a high of 21.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Mmm, sounds yummy. I'm leaving this comment in honor of DeLurking Day. And thanks for sending us your frigid temps. They're supposed to arrive tomorrow. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

I wish I liked fish!

I'm sorry to hear that the Canyonero is not starting. You know the trick about not letting the gas drop below half a tank, right? And you know about Iso-Heet? I'm sure you do, but these are the only things I can think of to contribute, and I like to be helpful.

I miss you guys!