Thursday, October 9, 2008

New office, big crow and more snow

I was going to blog yesterday, but I forgot my camera at work. These are the pictures from yesterday.

First is my office. See the phone, that's my phone. And my internet works on my computer. I was even able to ask the computer administrator to add Mozilla to my computer and I didn't get yelled at.
This next picture is the view out of one of my windows.
That is not the good part. The good part is when I look out of the second window I have. (Yeah, I have two windows--it's part of my corner office.)
Also here at the shelter we have a steam bath outside, around back. This is a common tradition in the Yupik communities. The women at the shelter have the option of heating up the steam bath or using the new shower facilities. I have not does this yet, but I'm sure that at some point I will. I'm not sure how I feel about being naked with my coworkers at work in a very hot room. I'm not sure how I feel about steaming in general.
This is the GIANT crow that flies around the building. It's the size of a medium dog and probably has a 5 foot wing span. I tried to get a better picture, but the bird wasn't very cooperative. I've decided to call it Poe. Poe the crow.


It was sunny and pretty yesterday. But today, not so much. We woke up to the sound of freezing rain hitting our bedroom window. There was a covering of snow on the ground and it was getting icy on everything. The good news is that after a few hours, the snow started to melt and it just rained for the rest of the day. I didn't take any pictures of rain. It's just not really worth it.

And on another note, my friend Amanda sent me a birthday package. It had snacks, socks, lotion and long underwear in it. (thanks, Amanda) While I'm talking about her, I do want to mention that she just got engaged. (Congrats.)

That's it for today.

No comments: