Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Short Post

You all usually get a decent length post, with pictures. Not today. Sorry.

Samara was ill this morning, but I wasn't. So we split the difference--we both took a half-day off. It was nice to sleep in, but even though she was feeling under the weather, Samara still had to go to work in the evening for a board meeting.

I've been reading Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer. It's probably properly categorized as young adult fiction, but like Harry Potter, is decently well-written and has a good plot. Actually, the writing sometimes leaves a bit to be desired. (Hint to authors: you can use "said" when writing dialog. You don't have to make adverbial puns a la Tom Swift.)

You know what's not so bad? The cold. I can stand sub-freezing temperatures all the time. It's natural here--you get used to it so that taking the trash out in a t-shirt in 20-degree cold isn't insane.

You know what sucks? Ice. It sucks to scrape ice off your windshield EVERY time you go out to get in your car. Like three times in a day. That's too much.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Aleks said...

Heh, I'm in Norfolk and whining because it's like 40 out and windy, and I'm without a coat. You're making me feel like such a wuss.

I hope Samara feels better soon.

kieran said...

"Twilight" is awesome by the way. I have had the pleasure of reading bits and pieces in Joe Beth. Let me know how it is IN TOTO :)

Feel better Samara Jo Beans...