Sunday, October 5, 2008

Snow on the Mountains

I seem to be getting good reviews of our pictures of Alaska. Folks like to see how it looks up here. Since this was a slow weekend, mostly what I've got is pictures.

Yesterday morning, Samara talked me into going out for breakfast. We shared an order of biscuits and gravy at the Muddy Rudder. It was a pretty good breakfast, and I'm getting more used to spending $20 for both of us to eat one dish. (Well, not really.) Here we are inside the famous Muddy Rudder...


After lunch, Samara went grocery shopping with her friend Sarah May, and I went to the shooting range. It was still a bit snowy, and I had to clean off the shooting bench. (And, of course, a box of Winchester white box metric shells cost $25 at the hardware store.) But nevertheless, I had a good time shooting.

The snow melted off everything by later in the day. Everything, that is, except the mountains. I took some photos of the mountains off in the distance across the flats.


Samara tells me I should also post about signing up for produce deliveries. Full Circle Farm, an organic farm down near Seattle, does weekly produce deliveries up here. You can sign up for a box of assorted produce and it gets delivered each week on Wednesday at the senior center. We signed up, so soon we'll be getting good organic produce every week. It costs about a third of our monthly grocery budget, but it seems like a good deal. From what we hear, you get a lot of food good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the pictures sure are purty. great idea on the produce subscription. I am thinking we might do that with the farm in georgetown that has the same kind of deal --- but way less $$ I am sure. miss you guys!