Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Snow mountain and potluck

I've had a busy couple of days at work. For some reason, there have been a lot of things on my plate this week in terms of pushing paper. That's not so bad. It keeps me busy and I don't have a chance to be bored.

This time of year, it's pitch black when I get up in the morning, and it's pitch black when I get home from work. Well, okay, there might be a moon, but the sun is nowhere to be seen. That doesn't leave much time for taking pictures. I took the camera to work today, to see if I could provide some better fodder for the blog.

One of the funny things about Alaska is the amount of snow we have already. Apparently this is a slightly unusual amount for this early in the year, but not unusual overall. Across from my office window, there's a mountain of snow that's been piled there from clearing the roads.

And a closer view...

Of course, if you're a kid, it's a prime spot for adventuring.

After work, Samara and I took the turkey from SAFE over to the Youth Center for the potluck. There was a Thanksgiving dinner put on for the community. It was nice. I helped put up a sign down near the fire station.

The turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and rolls were yummy. I got to hold a cute little Yu'pik baby for a while, too.

I'll try to keep the blog updated with some good pictures and stories.

No comments: