Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunrise-Sunset

Of all the things I imagined about Alaska, the bright blazing sun was not one of them. Don't get me wrong, it's cold here. In fact it's been snowing off and on for a few days now. Up until Friday, our bedroom window had only blinds on it. Which meant on our days off, the sun would peak over the mountains, straight in to our room. I remedied the situation by just getting up no matter how early. Aaron remedied the situation by putting a sock over his eyes, (It was actually pretty funny to see) but this allowed him to sleep in a bit more on our days off. Something had to be done about the window--then enters the sheet. Friday night, I have Aaron get the burgundy sheet out and nail (yes, nail) it to the wall. Finally, we were able to sleep in until 11am without putting socks over our eyes.
For those of you that are not currently aware of the times sunrises and sunsets are currently taking place, there is this handy-dandy website. The sun rise today was at 8:51am and sunset is going to be at 4:35pm. You might be thinking to yourself, but shouldn't you relish the sunlight and try to be awake for as many hours of sunlight as possible. To that my response is: BAH! I like my sleep more and I like my house to be as dark as a cave. This could possible have something to do with the urge to hibernate.

No comments: