Sunday, November 16, 2008

The View From Our Window

It's getting cold enough that we aren't going out much. The view from our window is nice, though. As I write this, I can see the ice floes in the bay. We have huge tides, so at any given time of day, the water is flowing either quickly into or quickly out of the bay.

Unfortunately, it's hard to get a picture that really shows the brilliant white beauty of ice and snow as far as you can see.

What I did get a picture of is the bushes outside our window covered in snow. Each branch is thick with wet snow.

Compare that view with the non-snowy Alaska in this previous post: Big Sky Country.

It's definitely different once it starts to snow.

1 comment:

Ann said...

What is that gorgeous colorful wall you guys are in front of in your slide show?

Aaron, Pride planning went well, and I skipped out on attending the KY Book Fair. The organizers of the Special Olympics have asked people to make scarves in the colors I'm using so that each athlete will receive a handmade scarf at for the opening ceremonies. So I'm making one. :)

Samara, your pesto sounds fabulous. I might have to try your recipe! I thought of you the other day when I invented a casserole. Thanks for helping me figure out that I could make up recipes!