Sunday, February 15, 2009

Anchorage training--Day one

I am once again in Anchorage for a training. This time, I am in for a special education training with a emphasis on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome education and Positive Behavior Support. So on to my adventure...

First, I have to mention that my flight out of Dillingham was an hour late. So instead of leaving Dillingham at 5:30, I left at 6:30. Which in turn, meant that I arrived in Anchorage at 8:15pm. Have I mentioned that I Anthony's wife Erin is with me? I'm sharing a room with her all week. So we arrive at the airport, grabbed our checked baggage and went to find a taxi. The taxi driver was to take us to our rental car place which is closed at this point. He kept asking if we were going to be ok, I assured him that our car was going to be waiting for us, so he pulled away. As it turns out, the car was not waiting for us. So here we are some where in Anchorage, with all of our luggage and no rental car and no taxi. Erin is smiling, but I think that is so she doesn't cry.
I call my boss who tells me to just get another taxi. Strangly enough, we were able to flag down another taxi. It was pretty weird since we were on a seculded strip. Anyway, this taxi drive was like, "hey, you don't mind if I stop by up here to pick up my money from a woman I just dropped off?" "Uh, sure dude." He took us here...

Yes, that is PJ's Darts & Adult Entertainment. Some nice stripper tried to pay the taxi driver with a $100 and he isn't allowed to accept them, so she needed to get change. She paid him in mostly in ones. (Ewww...) He then took us to the hotel and said that if we wanted to party later on to give him a call. He even gave us his number. He ws such a nice young man. Here is Erin posing with him.
Poor girl, she has no idea what kind of stuff I will get her in to. (Just joking, Anthony) We then walked 8 blocks to the 5th ave. mall for food. By this time, just about everything was closed and we were just wanting something. We ate at Sullivan's Steakhouse. I ordered the filet migon and Erin got the Ahi tuna. It was over priced and not super, but I was hungry, tired and cold. I didn't take pictures of dinner this time, maybe tomorrow. I have to call the car rental place and sort all that out. UUGH! Well, tomorrow brings another day.

No comments: