Saturday, February 7, 2009

Snowed-In Breakfast

I'm sorry that the blog posts have dropped off in frequency. I'm sure you're all wondering what's been going on in the great white north.

Well, I can say that Samara makes the same yummy breakfasts that's she's always made!

It's been crazy weather up here. We've had everything from temperatures way below freezing where the cars have to be plugged in to temperatures that I now regard as warm. Yeah, when it's 32 degrees, I take the trash out in a t-shirt.

One night this week, it snowed a couple of inches. The wind was blowing so hard, though, that when we got up in the morning, all the snow had drifted up around our car and the front porch. It was a good two feet deep in the drifts. Here are some pictures taken in the dark.

After we did some shoveling that evening, I took some more pictures.

That's a pretty deep drift, but once you got past it, the snow was less than an inch deep on the rest of the parking lot.

I have to say... I'm looking forward to some summer weather here in Dillingham.

On the other hand, Alaska summers bring out the bears. I had a dream last night that I had to shoot a bear. Of course, my childhood friend Ryan was in the dream, and as I was shooting them, the bears turned into welding machines. So maybe it doesn't necessarily equate to some prediction or omen.

That's all the news from Dillingham for now.

1 comment:

Jeb A. Deezer said...

The only possible explanation for someone writing about a dream involving guns and welding machines is for it to end with the words "posted by Aaron."