Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anchorage training--Day two, three and four

First, yes I am a huge slacker for not posting earlier. But to be fair, I have been going to a conference and working on "the grant report of doom" in between the breakout sessions. And unlike the last time, I have chosen not to eat super fancy food every night. It makes me sad, but Erin seems to like to eat 3 meals a day instead of me just eating one.

When I woke up on Monday, I looked out the window to see this..

Those are mountains. And no matter what I do, all the pictures turn out kinda blue. I also can see this...
This is the downtown cemetery. This is the view a lot of people get when they look out their window. It's kinda pathetic when it is compared the the Lexington cemetery, but then, that one is a couple hundred years old with fallen civil war soldiers in it. Just for comparisons sake, I thought I would add a picture of what the Lexington Cemetery would look like in the winter.
Ok, enough with that. Erin and I were so excited about fountain soda. There is a serious lack in the fountain soda area in Dillingham. Erin was pretty excited about Wendy's baked potatoes.
One one occasion, we asked what were some good Mexican restaurants in the area. We went to Don Joses. We were told that they made the guacamole at your table. We were told they had good margaritas. We were told...You get the idea. The point of the matter is we were told a lot of things and were disappointed. There was no guacamole. The place couldn't make real maragrita because of some city ordinance about liquor. Erin was so disappointed, she went to the car and got her hot sauce.
She felt like she needed to sneak it in. It was sad. We are hoping to have better adventures in the last few days here. But we'll see.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Go to Myrna's! See a show!

Robyn Wade said...

You might want to check the white balance on your camera. Likely that is what is causing the blue in the outside photos.