Monday, September 15, 2008

I started the new job today

Well, I survived my first day as a teacher's aid at the local high school. The day was filled with teachers and students and homework. I would say that mostly what I did today was get to know the students that I will be working with and also acting a tutor. I helped a few kids with homework and that's about it. It was nice going in at 8am and leaving at 4pm. I'm pretty worn out. I'm not used to getting up at 6:45am. I am looking forward to my coffee maker getting here. I am going to need caffeine in the mornings.

In other news, I got my birthday package from Ann today. She got me some spices, spice holders, tahini sauce, and some flavored oils. I have a feeling she had a good time shopping at World Market the Sunday before last.

I guess that's it really. We were asked to go to open mic night at the local restaurant, The muddy rudder. I'm not sure yet if we are going to go. I'll post pictures if we do go.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Just wanted to let you know that I tried to buy stuff from your amazon.com thing but when I went to check out it said the order could not be shipped to the address you have on file with them. Guess I have to mail it to myself and then to you...

Unknown said...

I'm glad your first day went well! As you get used to it, I'm sure it'll be less exhausting.

There was more present that that! There was hot sauce and hummus and two kinds of pate, and cheese spread and stuff! Just because not everything was wrapped doesn't mean it's not present. Did you like everything? (I did have a good time at World Market!)