Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Samara's new job (I tell my salary, if that bothers you, don't read)

I got a call today. It was from Ginger at SAFE. She offered me the job as an Outreach & Education Coordinator and I accepted. I asked that I would be able to give a 2 week notice at the school before I went over there. (Here's the bit about how much I will make) She offered me $21.35 an hour, which is a lot more than the $16.50 an hour at the school. Plus, at the school I only work 30 hours a week, this should be at least 37.5 hours a week. This means that I will actually be able to pay my student loans when they come due, plus I'm working at a non-profit and gaining valuable work experience. I have Thursday off at the school so I am going to do my orientation then. I believe that my first work day will be October 8. That's all I know so far. I'll keep this updated as I learn more about the position.

5 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

Congratulations!!

Ann said...

That's great, Samara! Congrats!

Unknown said...

congratulations!!

Daisy @ Our Growing Family said...

Congrats!!! I hope it goes well telling the school about leaving. :) Who would blame you, though!

Aleks said...

That's awesome!