Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Wednesday

I spent much of the day inside. It was raining earlier in the morning and I didn't really have a need to go into town except to check the mail box. It was a big day of Desperate Housewives followed by the movie, The Coven. Then It was a couple episodes of Law and Order. Now, don't think that I was just sitting on my butt this whole time, I was also cleaning, folding and putting away laundry.
Finally the rain and the drizzle let up and the sun started shining. I looked outside and I saw a boat in the harbor. You can't really tell that the sun is shining because of the position of the sun, but I assure you, there was sun shine.

Eventually, I decided I needed to go to town to get the mail (thanks for the postcard, Trilby--rum cake sounds yummy!). I also made my way to the court house so I could walk Aaron home. I asked him to meet me at the library since I needed a new book any way. I picked out the book, The Memory Keeper's daughter, by Kim Edwards. I picked it out by reading the back cover. It turns out that the book takes place in Lexington, Kentucky. WEIRD.

So Aaron and I decided we need to go to the grocery store. Nothing exciting there. The thing that caught our attention was on the way home there was a sign : BEWARE FALLING SNOW

The building its attached to is an old school house. I guess there were problems with people not knowing that snow will slide off a slanted roof. It's a cute red building, but seriously, people didn't know about falling snow off a slanted roof?

And that was about it for today.

1 comment:

Ann said...

I like the old school--it looks like a giant Barn o' Learnin'.

I put your package in the mail at lunch today, so you should get it Saturday or Monday. Some of the things didn't get wrapped, but it's chock full of birthday goodness! (No, you don't have to wait until next month to open it. Not that you would, anyway!)