Thursday, September 4, 2008

No job for Samara yet

I finally heard back from the hospital today, it's a no go on the the health educator job. They filled the position internally, which is weird because the position had been open for at least 6 months. Ok, ok. I'm not going to be bitter about it. I turned in my application at the school and I have an interview on Tuesday. I was also told to look job openings at the Native Association, but that isn't very promising.

Today is wetter than yesterday. I got soaked walking from the house to the Court House then ever wetter walking from the Court House to the DMV. You will be glad to know that Aaron and I both have Alaska drivers licenses--not that we have anything to drive right now.

When I walked to the post office today, I had a slip in the box telling me that I had a package. When I tried to retrieve that package, I was told to drive my vehicle around back and pick them up. I was like, " Uh, my what?" Apparently, the packages are too heavy to bring to the front. I'm hoping that the packages are the ones we mailed to ourselves. Aaron is recruiting one of his coworkers to help him bring the packages home.

That was my day. I have to say that I am getting a bit homesick and I think it has to do with not having a job, not seeing people I know, not going to dinner parties, not shopping or going to dinner with friends or any of the other fun things that I used to be able to do. If you get a chance, send some love my way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awww, Samara. xxxx0000

Do you have cell service with your Lexington number?

You will feel better when you get busier. :)

Aaron said...

Our cellphones aren't active anymore as of September 1st, since there's no real cell service in Dillingham. There's some local cell company, but our phones don't get a signal.

So our only phone number is 907-842-5047, which is our home number. It works, though!

kieran said...

!!!!!!L O V E!!!!!!!!!!!!